Dr. Eric Lewis strives to inspire patients to live healthier lifestyles and achieve a better quality of life both inside and out.
Dr. Eric Lewis is a Naturopathic Physician providing natural health care for women and men.
Dr. Lewis holds a bachelor of arts in History from Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia and is an honors graduate from the Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine in Tempe, Arizona. He is an active member of the North Carolina Association of Naturopathic Physicians and the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians.
His enthusiasm for health began as a college track athlete and instructor to varsity athletes in strength and conditioning. It was here that he experienced firsthand the value of a healthy and active lifestyle.
He is also the author of Holistic Help for Hemochromatosis, a one-of-a-kind guidebook exploring the dietary and nutritional factors involved in hereditary hemochromatosis and other forms of iron overload.
Education, Inspiration and Motivation: The Building Blocks of Successful Holistic Health Care
Dr. Eric’s vision is to empower people to make lifestyle choices that support and maintain a healthy body and perspective. As a naturopathic doctor he believes in education, inspiration and motivation. His goal is to activate a desire for positive change in the lives of all his patients. Dr. Lewis offers comprehensive, personalized health evaluations and customized holistic health solutions. He listens carefully and encourages patients to participate in their own natural healing.
Your first visit with Dr. Eric Lewis is a detailed discussion of your health and medical history, as well as your daily routine and habits. Dr. Eric asks specific questions about health issues, goals and experiences. During your second visit Dr. Eric provides educational information and presents an individualized health plan. Holistic health plans consist of nutritional guidance, dietary supplements, healthy lifestyle changes and more.
Dr. Eric Lewis’ Specialties in Naturopathic Medicine
Holistic health care and naturopathic medicine can help of a wide variety of health conditions. Dr. Eric’s specialties include:
Hereditary Hemochromatosis and other Iron Disorders
- Iron Overload (Hereditary Hemochromatosis). Please visit our sister site dedicated to this genetic metabolic condition to learn more: HemochromatosisHelp.com
- Iron Deficiency, Anemia
- Other disorders involving iron (Thallasemia, etc.)
Women’s Medicine and Hormone Balance
- Women’s Health: PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome), PMS (Premenstrual Syndrome), Perimenopause and Menopause, Estrogen Dominance
- Gynecological Concerns: Irregular Menstrual Cycles, Painful Menstrual Cycles, Ovarian Cysts, Uterine Fibroids, and Endometriosis
- Healthy and Safe Pregnancy/TTC
- Hair, Skin and Nail Health: Hair loss or thinning, Acne, Eczema, and Psoriasis
- Bone Health: Osteopenia and Osteoporosis
Metabolic Efficiency and Metabolic Disorders
- Thyroid Health, Adrenal Fatigue, Insomnia
- Weight Gain, High Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure
- High Blood Sugar, Low Blood Sugar, Insulin Resistance and Metabolic Syndrome
- Nutrigenomics & Epigenetics:
- The study of how our genetic variations impact our nutrition, health, and well-being
- Digestive Disorders:
- Food Allergies, Gluten Intolerance, Leaky Gut Syndrome, Intestinal Dysbiosis (Gut Flora Imbalance)
- Constipation, Diarrhea, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Indigestion, Heartburn, Acid Reflux (GERD), Diverticulitis
- Inflammatory Bowel Disorder: Crohn’s Disease or Ulcerative Colitis
- Other Conditions Related to Digestive Disorders: Allergies, Weight Gain, Liver Function, Fatigue, Headaches, Joint Pain
Allergies, Asthma, and Eczema
- Allergies: Seasonal, Environmental, Chemical, or Food Allergies, Gluten Intolerance
- Respiratory Conditions: Asthma, Frequent Colds and Flus, Frequent Infections of the Sinuses, Ears, or Throat
- Skin Conditions Related to Allergies: Eczema, Psoriasis, Acne
Healthy Lifestyle Education
- Boosting Metabolism
- Nutritional Guidance, Nutritional Supplementation
- Exercise and Fitness
- High Quality Sleep
- Stress Reduction
Asheville, NC Naturopathic Physicians
Dr. Eric Lewis lives in Asheville, North Carolina in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains with his wife Dr. Kristina Taylor Lewis and their 2 children. He enjoys photography, outdoor activities, the breathtaking beauty of the mountains, and being a husband and father.