Hello and thanks for reading! We wanted to send out a quick message to keep you all up to date on how our office is currently operating.
All visits are now by phone / video only:
We are in 100% support of the public health measures to encourage social distancing, so all patient visits will now be over the phone or by video chat.
The great news is that we’ve worked with countless patients over the phone for over a decade, so it’s nothing new to our practice. The way we practice naturopathic medicine allows us to do just about everything over the phone with no loss of therapeutic value to you, our patients. In fact, over half of our current patient base live outside of Western North Carolina, and many of you receiving this email have already been working with us over the phone / video chat for years!
Our doctors will be balancing patient visit days with being home with our children, as schools are currently closed in North Carolina. How this will work is the doctor who is having patient visits will be at our office to make our calls, and the other will be at home helping our kids with their virtual school work. This way, we will be able to give you the same full attention as always.
Our current plan is to maintain our normal hours of 9:30-4:00 Monday-Thursday, but we may adjust the hours as necessary if needed. Give us a call at 828-298-4800 or contact us if you are needing to find a time for your appointment or if you have any questions.
Supplements are available by “take out” or shipping only:
As many of you know, we routinely mail supplements to our out-of-town patients on a daily basis, so this infrastructure is very much in place and working perfectly.
For those of you who prefer to stop by our office to pick up your supplements, we are making a few updates to ensure everyone’s best health. As of today, here is our plan (but please understand we may need to change it as the world continues to change at such a rapid pace):
- We request that you think of in store supplements like you would a restaurant: Our “Dining Room” is going to temporarily close but our “Take-Out” business will continue as normal.
- Instead of stopping by as you normally would and shopping in the office, please call us first at 828-298-4800 or pre-order online at LewisNaturalStore.com and let us know what supplements you need.
- We can take care of payment over the phone or through the online store, and then we will package up your order for you before you arrive. This way all we need to do in person is a quick hand-off or we can even leave it outside for you in a bag with your name on it in our black box if you would prefer or if you are coming by after hours.
If you are unable to travel or would prefer to stay home, we are happy to mail your order to you. As for a practical matter, some patients have asked about shipping charges.
- We have always offered free shipping on orders over $149, but we are exploring ways to extend free shipping in additional ways during this time of public health crisis.
- Please understand that we are a very small local business and we can’t absorb the cost of excessive amounts of free shipping, but we also feel strongly that we want to support this community and ensure that all of our patients have what they need from us.
- If you are in a position financially to be able to pay for shipping, we appreciate your continued support of our local business by considering continuing to pay for shipping on smaller orders.
- If you are unable to come by and you are in a position where free shipping would be really helpful to you, please leave a note in the online Order Notes field or give us a call, and we’ll be happy to manually waive the shipping for your orders.
- As of today (March 17th, 2020), our online system will still automatically apply the shipping but we can just remove it manually after the fact and you won’t actually be charged for it. We appreciate everyone’s willingness to work together for the greater good as we keep our local community healthy and supported!!!!!
Taking Care of our Employees
We are continuing to take extreme care with keeping our office clean and healthy. We have also pledged to maintain our payroll and keep our safety and personal health top priority.
We are able to forward the phones that allows employees to work from home if that becomes important, and we will continue having at least one employee or doctor in the office each of those days to prepare orders and shipments in a timely manner.
Any questions? Feel free to call us at (828) 298-4800 or contact us here.
Thank you for reading, and stay safe… we’re all in this together!!
Drs. Kristina and Eric Lewis