Hello! A beautiful Spring is upon us and we wanted to provide a new update since Buncombe County and the city of Asheville has enacted a “Stay Home, Stay Safe” declaration that goes into effect tonight, March 26 at 8 pm and lasts through 6 am April 9.
According to the Asheville Citizen-Times, local officials have stated this measure is not the same as a more restrictive shelter-in-place order which limits travel outside of the home to emergency-only activity.
Health care offices are considered essential businesses, and as such, Lewis Family Natural Health will remain open to our patients.
As a reminder from our March 17 office updates:
All visits continue to be by phone / video only:
We’ve held all appointments for the last two weeks by phone or Zoom, and it has been very convenient and worked great!
Our plan is to maintain our normal hours of 9:30-4:00 Monday-Thursday, but we may adjust the hours as necessary if needed.
Give us a call at 828-298-4800 or contact us if you are needing to find a time for your appointment or if you have any questions.
Supplements are still available by shipping or “take out” only:
We routinely mail supplements to our patients on a daily basis, so this infrastructure is very much in place and working perfectly.
For those of you who prefer to stop by our office to pick up your supplements, we are continuing the following plan:
- We request that you think of in store supplements like you would a restaurant: Our “Dining Room” is going to temporarily close but our “Take-Out” business will continue as normal.
- Instead of stopping by as you normally would and shopping in the office, please call us first at 828-298-4800 or pre-order online at LewisNaturalStore.com and let us know what supplements you need.
- We can take care of payment over the phone or through the online store, and then we will package up your order for you before you arrive.
- All orders will be left outside on our front porch for you in a bag with your name on it in our black box, to pick up at your convenience.
- Be sure to think ahead and order your supplements before you run out… with this new measure we ask for your patience as it may take a little extra time to prepare your order!
Taking Care of our Employees
Due to the new “Stay Home, Stay Safe” measure, one new change to mention is that both of our front office assistants, Kristin and Judy, will both be working from their homes.
We are able to forward our phones, so Kristin and Judy will be in communication with both Dr. Eric and Dr. Kristina. Likewise, our front office will be returning calls, scheduling appointments, and taking supplement orders as normal… just from the comfort and safety of home!
As a result, either Dr. Eric or Dr. Kristina will be at the office by themselves (while the other is at home working with their children on their school assignments). This will serve to ensure our top priority of safety and personal health by social distancing.
Since it will be only Dr. Eric or Dr. Kristina at the office, we will inherit the task of boxing up and shipping out your remedies! Our attention is always first and foremost with our patient visits and patient work, but we will also do our best to prepare orders and shipments in a timely manner… it just may take us an extra day or two to get all the orders processed, so be sure to stay on top of your supplement needs at LewisNaturalStore.com
Thank you for reading, and stay safe… we’re all in this together!!
Drs. Kristina and Eric Lewis