We strive to meet you where you are, and help take you where you want to be.
Our comprehensive New Patient series is the most popular service offered at Lewis Family Natural Health. For many people, this is the best way to start receiving naturopathic care. Especially if you have a specific health concern you would like addressed naturally, this series of appointments enables us to take an in-depth look, to understand both you and your condition on an individualized level.
We Take The Time
Whenever you come to see Dr. Eric or Dr. Kristina, here is what you can expect.
- We take the time to listen to you
- We take the time to understand you as a whole person
- We take the time to identify and treat the underlying cause of your condition
- We take the time to create individualized naturopathic plans that work for you
In order to have the time to really listen, to really understand your health concerns, to determine underlying causes, and to come up with a targeted, specific, individualized plan just for you, we need more time than you may be used to for a doctor’s visit.
This is why we have designed the New Patient Series, divided into two separate appointments one week apart. (Note: for patients coming from long distances to see us, we can often make arrangements so you do not have to travel to Asheville twice in a week.)
What to expect during your first two visits
Your First Visit
Your first visit (often referred to as the “Part I” appointment) is a 90-minute visit with either Dr. Eric or Dr. Kristina.
Before this first visit, we will ask you to fill out a “homework” packet detailing your past medical history, current supplements and medication, and other information to help us understand as much as we can about you.
During the first visit, we will go over this information with you and work to understand your chief concerns at a level of detail you may have never experienced with another doctor! You will spend the entire 90-minute appointment with one of the doctors–not a nurse or physician’s assistant.
Developing a Plan For You
Following that initial visit, we will take the information gathered and work on developing a specific, individualized plan for you. We often take your story and share it with the other doctor, so you are able to get the input of both Dr. Eric and Dr. Kristina on your care. At Lewis Family Natural Health, you get two doctors for the price of one, ensuring that you get the most comprehensive, thorough plan possible.
Your Second Visit
The second visit, or “Part II” appointment, is an hour-long appointment that takes place a week after your Part I visit.
At this visit, we go over our naturopathic recommendations with you, allowing you time to ask questions and clarify what is being recommended. You will be presented with a detailed, written plan that has been designed especially for you.
Why Two Visits?
There are several reasons for dividing our New Patient intake into these two visits a week apart.
- It allows us to take time and space to develop a plan for you. We are able to think about and research your case over the span of seven days, delving into the nuances of your specific concerns at a level we wouldn’t be able to do if we decided on a course of action the first day we met you.
- It’s more convenient for you. You won’t have to take off work for an entire morning or afternoon, but instead can schedule two shorter visits more easily into your day.
- It’s less exhausting. Patients have told us that going through the New Patient visits can be very tiring due to the detail involved, and many are relieved to split the visit over two appointments versus one, long marathon session.
Meeting You Where You Are
We feel that it is vitally important to work with our patients as a team. Making sure you understand your naturopathic plan, we present all our recommendations to our patients and then we decide together, doctor and patient, how to make the plan best suit your lifestyle and needs. We strive to meet you where you are, and help take you to where you want to be.
The cost of the Part I 90-minute visit is $250 ($225 for children 12 and under), and the Part II 60-minute visit is $145. Patients who choose to pay for both visits upfront receive a $20 discount. We also have options for payment plans for those who would prefer to spread the payments out over several months. Please contact us for more details.
There is no additional cost for the time we spend developing a plan for you during the Part I and Part II visits. This time the doctors spend on developing a care plan for you is included in the cost of the two visits.
Because our doctors only schedule one patient at a time, we ask for a $100 deposit to reserve all new patient visits. This deposit is applied to the cost of the first visit, and is fully refundable (minus a $15 processing fee) for appointments changed with at least 48-hours (2 business days) notice. We are able to accept cash, checks, Visa, and MasterCard.
What is included in your naturopathic plan?
Each naturopathic plan we develop has been individualized for each patient. Even if we see 10 patients with the same medical condition, each will leave with unique recommendations based on them as a whole person.
Although all patient plans are different, a typical naturopathic plan from Lewis Family Natural Health may include some or all of the following:
- A homeopathic remedy, specifically chosen for you, designed to stimulate your body’s self-healing mechanisms.
- A streamlined supplement routine. We can help you negotiate the huge world of vitamins, herbs, and supplements and make sure you are getting the best quality, the best forms, and the best potencies of recommended supplements, both new supplements we may recommend as well as supplements you have already been taking.
- Dietary and lifestyle suggestions—this may include a specific diet, a few guidelines on dietary modification, exercise routines, stress management techniques, etc.
- Referrals to other health care providers and/or recommendations on laboratory testing when necessary. We strive to bridge the gap between the conventional and alternative medical systems; we understand drug-herb interactions, and we know how and when to refer to other practitioners in both systems to provide you with the best health care available.
If there is a specific therapy or modality you wish to focus on for your care, please let us know when you schedule your first appointment.
What happens after completion of the New Patient Series?
Following your progress after your first initial visit is an essential part of your naturopathic plan. We feel strongly about staying present and aware of the progress you are making toward health. As your body heals, often modifications and adjustments need to be made to your naturopathic plan, and the only way to effectively do this is through regular follow-up appointments.
On average, follow-up visits are once a month for 30 minutes at a cost of $85. Sometimes longer 60-minute follow-ups are necessary for $145. How often you need follow-ups and for how long is a very individualized decision that will be determined after your doctor gets to know your full story.
Learn More About What Naturopathic Medicine Can Do For You
We recommend that all potential patients take advantage of our free 15 minute consultation, either in our office in person or over the telephone, in order to see if our office is right for you.
Contact us to schedule your free 15 minute health consultation with one of our naturopathic doctors.
We look forward to hearing from you & seeing how we can be of service to you!